Friday, December 18, 2009

Group Project Reflection by Stacey Thompson

Technology can be our friend or our foe. I have learned this the last couple of weeks. First my computer would not load my courseware and now a power surge has fried my home computer. Aside from those disasters, the last five weeks has been a very positive journey for me as an educator and parent. I was a little worried when I found out that we had to create a group project. I thought to myself, "How will we do this if this is all online?" I loved how it all came together. We had a great team leader and group members. I learned so much about collaboration through technology. I felt that my tam came together as a whole a created a unit with the help of all that will help each student succeed.

As a group we came together, with all of our experience and created a unit that we thought would benefit all students and the teacher. We researched the grade level and subject chosen and came up with a unit that would align with the TEKS. Using the Google Docs we discussed and help each other along the way to create lessons that show many technology resources that the teacher could used to intergrate a unit or lesson into her daily activities. They are resources that she/he can fall back on when they are creating their own ubuit and know that it will meet all students needs.


Our professional develpoment was based on what we, as educators, would find resourceful in developing our technology. We believed that the self report would help us know what the teachers strengths and weaknesses were and we could decide what were the most important and create our development from there. We thought that letting the teacher journal each day would help her/him reflect on what they have learned and it would give us, as technolgy leaders, and the administrator have access so that we can help build the teacher's confidence in technology and its positice benefits in the classroom setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment